A Cloud Architect (CA) drives high-priority customer initiatives in collaboration with customers and your sales team. The CA is a technical, customer-facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience. CAs own the Azure technical customer engagement, including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or proofs of concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Solid understanding of modern authentication protocols and a background in cyber security.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Deep technical experience in enterprise mobile, identity and access control, & security solutions.
- Understanding of cloud governance technologies for cost management and control.
- Understanding of common database technologies such as SQL Database/Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts & ensuring follow through.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a consulting/architecture position within a software & services company.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, MCSA Cloud Platform Solutions Associate, MCSA Linux on Azure Solutions Associate, AWS Certified Solution Architect.
Project Experience Types/Qualities
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud.
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects).
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams.
- Enterprise Mobility Suite, Intune, Azure Information Protection, Azure Active Directory, Octa, Auth0, LDAP, OAuth, SAML, Cloud App Security, Firewalls, Office 365, Windows Server Active Directory, Azure AD Connect, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Mobile Iron, Airwatch, iOS, Android, Windows, Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Operations Management Suite, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure App Services, Azure Storage, Azure Import/Export, Azure SQL Database, Azure Web Jobs, Azure ExpressRoute, Azure SQL Database, MySQL, Azure SQL DW, Azure DB for MySQL, Azure Cosmos DB, SQL Server, SQL Server on Azure IaaS, SharePoint on Azure, AWS EC2, S3, AWS DirectConnect