Project Manager (Cloud Migration)
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall success of the project. They are responsible for ensuring the initial vision and goals of the project are clearly defined and aligned with all relevant stakeholders and executing the project to meet those goals. This includes building project plans, tracking and managing risks, analyzing dependencies, and communication within the team, with management, and with the customer.
Throughout the project, the Project Manager will need to make scoping and prioritization decisions as issues arise. Making good decisions is only possible if the Project Manager can fully understand each issue. In addition, a good Project Manager can anticipate issues before they arise and take pre-emptive corrective action. In addition to strong project management skills, the Project Manager should also have a strong technical background.
- Solid technical background in IT infrastructure and application architectures.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Solid understanding of cloud migration approaches and supporting tools.
- Strong project management skills including experience of a variety of project management methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, waterfall methodologies, etc.
- Demonstrated success in driving complex projects with multiple stakeholders and dependencies.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growingcloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts & ensuring follow through.
- Strong written and spoken presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with senior audiences. Able to represent the project to the customer.
- A relevant Project Management qualification such as PMP, Certified ScrumMaster or PRINCE 2.
- MCSA Cloud Platform Solutions Associate, MCSA Linux on Azure Solutions Associate, AWS Certified Solution Architect.
Project Experience Types/Qualities
- 5+ years technical project management experience leading complex projects on business-critical IT systems.
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud.
- 3+ years in hands-on technical IT role (e.g. developer, operations engineer).
- Project Management and issue tracking tools (VSTS, MS Project, or similar).
- Infrastructure, Networking and Storage technologies (including MS SQL or other databases).
- Azure IaaS, Azure Backup, Azure Site Recovery