Senior Software Developer
A Senior Software Developer has a history of designing, owning and shipping software, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills. With a focus on cloud-based application development, the candidate must have demonstrable experience architecting and deploying applications to cloud platforms, the ability to effectively integrate disparate services as needed, and decide when to implement IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS components. As a mentor to junior developers, the senior software developer should have a solid understanding of the software development cycle, from architecture to testing. They should have a passion for quality and be a creative thinker. A senior developer will write secure, reliable, scalable, and maintainable code, and then effectively debug it, test it and support it live. This person should also be comfortable owning a feature and making decisions independently, and should have leadership experience with agile methodologies, such as the Scrum approach to agile software development.
A Senior Software Developer can also effectively gather customer requirements and ask clarifying questions when needed. This person must be able to translate these requirements to actionable tasks they will perform, or delegate to members of the team. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and design discussions with senior executives.
Eight plus years of experience with deep understanding of web technologies, API consumption/development, full lifecycle application development, database development (relational and/or NoSQL), and enterprise/cloud architecture. Technical BS degree in Computer Science desirable, and experience in:
- The delivery of high quality engagements around Microsoft's solution areas, technologies and products in diverse client environments.
- Stabilizing developed solutions using Microsoft methodologies in complex customer environments.
- The design and development of integrated solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies.
- Understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications of the developed solution.
- API development, Application architecture, application development, application lifecycle management (ALM), caching, capacity planning, cloud archival, cloud disaster recovery, cloud storage, cloud systems management, cloud systems operations, cloud transformation, compliance (PCI, HIPPA, etc.), data architecting, data migration (cross platform / upgrade), data modeling (physical and logical), data movement, data transformation, database and server virtualization, database architecture, database design, database lifecycle management, database management, dev ops, diagnostics, distributed application design, distributed application development, distributed database design, event sourcing, HADR / replication, health checks, identity and security, information architecture, information management, IoC, mission critical DB design and architecture, modern applications, monitoring, package management (npm, NuGet, etc.), performance tuning, polyglot resiliency, reporting services design and deployment, responsive design, RESTful services, resiliency (clustering, etc.), scalability (up and out, high performance), security architecture, security compliance, source code repository management (git, TFS, svn, etc.), technical migration upgrades, technology architecture, testing / TDD, unstructured data formats (e.g. JSON), structured data formats (e.g. XML), UI / UX.
- Collaboration, stakeholder management, relationship management, technical oversight, technical recommendations, problem solving, risk management, architecture design session, program management, proof of concept design, technical demonstration, excellent communication skills.
- MCSE Enterprise Devices and Apps, MCSE Business Intelligence, MCSA Cloud Platform Solutions Associate, MCSA Linux on Azure Solutions Associate, MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Certified ScrumMaster, AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS Certified Developer.
Project Experience Types/Qualities
- API consumption and development, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios, document and share technical best practices, further customer investment, hybrid solutions on premises or in the cloud, industry-visible, CI / Continuous Deployment, large project relative to size of customer, lift and shift, migrations and upgrades (SQL, etc.), on-premises to cloud, production environment, projects where data is born in the cloud, cross-platform SQL Server migration, server-side/desktop development, service architecture, size of project team (complexity), significant challenges, source code repository implementation support teams.
- AWS API Gateway, AWS EC2, AWS SWF, AWS, AWS RDS, AWS VM, AWS Redshift, AWS S3, Angular, Aurelia, Azure Active Directory, Azure App Service Environment, Azure Data Catalog, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Logic App, Azure Mobile App, Azure Storage, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Functions, Azure Import/Export, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL DW, Azure DB for MySQL, Azure Search, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Web App, Azure Functions, Azure Cognitive Services, BizTalk, Business Objects, Cassandra, CDN, Cortana Intelligence, CouchDB, Data warehouse, Database, DB2, Docker, Excel, IBM Bluemix, Google App Engine, HTML, IBM, IBM Teradata, IoT Solutions, Java, Media Services, MongoDB, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft SharePoint, MySQL, MVC, MVVM, Mobile Development, Networking, Node.js, NoSQL, Oracle, Oracle Exadata, Oracle SOA, PostgreSQL, Python, REST, Security, SQL Server, SQL Server IaaS, SQL Server Integration Services, Storage, Sybase, T-SQL, UWP, Virtualization, Web Services, WCF, WPF, XML
Platforms: Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, etc.), Windows.